Thursday, April 9, 2015

Day 80: Joyeux Anniversaire, Sam!

Listening to: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone score by John Williams

I've been neglecting writing in this blog due to craziness (laziness as well, I'll admit), but I do have to wish one of my oldest friends ever happy birthday!

Sam has been my friend since first grade. Since I literally asked her to be my friend, we shared a very strange friendship throughout elementary school. 

For instance, the John Williams above? That's a reference to when we'd run around her living room pretending we were playing Quidditch to the score. We even watched the movie secretly, even though we were told not to. :O I guess I can admit that now since it was, what, 15 years ago?

Oof, I don't know if I want to think about that much time passing.

Sam and I were kind of proto-hipsters. We had to do everything that wasn't cool. So yes, on Christmas, we were the ones in the class who asked for coal. And we were always at the back of the line, since everyone just wanted to be the line leader. We swore that when we were in high school, we'd take each other to prom, since going with a boy was so passé.

And in a selfish way, Sam is dear to me because she was very much part of our family growing up. She was probably the last of my friends to really know my grandfather, for instance. With this year, it's been important for me to remember those days.

But this is about Sam! So Happy 21st Birthday! We should get our prom dresses out and go on a proper date--with drinking! Haha. Just kidding. Though that would be fun.

So with the UConn women winning another Championship (go girls!), it's a week of good occasions. Sam and I went to a UConn game together at Boston University, actually. We were on the Jumbotron, and there's a picture, but I cannot find it for the life of me (not because I'm in Paris but because our Kodak photos are kind of scattered). And Sam was there--along with our friends Tauri and Megan--when I went to DC for the second time in my life. We have a picture in front of the Lincoln Memorial that we soooo need to recreate!


Sorry, I'm on my phone. I only have access to Instagram photos.

A few more throwbacks to celebrate this day:



Have a delightful day, Sam! I miss you. :( But I can't wait until we're in the same country! :D




No comments: