Friday, April 17, 2015

Day 87: No Shit, Sherlock

Listening to: "Moving Too Fast" by Norbert Leo Butz from The Last Five Years

Short because I only have one story. And it's whiny, of course.

In Shakespeare class. Discussing how Shakespeare introduces a character simply known as "Time." Asks how we would portray Time.

I ask if Time is a man or a woman. And about to give my opinion when Hilly Holbrook snickers, "Uh, I don't think Time has a gender."

NO SHIT, SHERLOCK.

The problem is, most actors do. So usually some sort of decision has to be made.

Good grief! 

I love the class content, but some of the classmates... Well, here are two other stories:

1. Sneezed in class. Loudly, like normal. I covered it, of course. Student across the room yells, "BLESS YOU," and everyone laughs. Dude, I can't control how I sneeze. Maybe I should have sneezed on you.

2. Professor asks us who we would cast as Cleopatra today. I offer up Angelina Jolie as a suggestion, mostly because she's usually considered one of the most gorgeous women in the world AND because the rest of the class had turned more silent than a cricket that doesn't want to be found. After I offer up this personal suggestion, they all proceed to bash my choice. Fine. Whatever. Do you have an alternative? Oh. I didn't think so.

Sorry. I just thought this shit ended in high school.

Well, no shit, Willard, it doesn't. :/


No comments: