Thursday, January 22, 2015

Day 14: Black Swan

Listening to: "Act 2, Scene 1 (Allegro giusto)" from Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake

For those of you who've seen the movie Black Swan, you'd agree that the mother's face is severe and terrifying. Barbara Hershey really captures the essence of that role; she plays a similar one in Once Upon a Time. Here are some pictures. (The second one best encapsulates everything.)

https://www.google.com/search?q=barbara+hershey+black+swan&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=643&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=8gnBVIHQL9PiapzTgDg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#imgdii=_

Anyway, there were no Metro problems today. In fact, I took the Boucicaut Metro, just a few blocks down from us. That one goes directly to the schools' stops without using a transfer. That was handy. But now I've got my directions all reversed. Hey, it must be like driving on a road in England vs. America.

Still taking suggestions for my "Kick Ass" playlist!

I have a new Art History textbook that weighs about as much a Colin Hayes, my adorable first cousin once removed (aka my nephew/cousin). But now with all my papers, I have the extremely exciting task of scanning documents to get my classes approved! Yay! Also recording all my reading assignments in my true control-freak way. 

Alas, I became one of those students who sat at Starbucks between classes. And though a nice chai tea latte warms the bones, the cost wasn't much better than at a real café. Table space wasn't much better, and it was only easier this time because I had less things. I guess that's what the philosophy of trial and error is for.

I SWEAR that the adventures will resume. One class demain, and then a free weekend! I intend to explore Montparnasse, but don't be surprised if I veer off on that. We--as in me, myself, and I--don't have a strategy here. ;)

No comments: