Friday, January 23, 2015

Day 15: Not-So Imaginary Invalids

Listening to: "Adelaide's Lament" from Guys and Dolls

I mean, there's a reason why people get sick in the winter, and it's not cold: it's from being cooped up in a room, where all your germs mingle like they're at a sixth grade Teen Night dance. And since Nicole and I have sequestered ourselves away, we both sound rather bleak this morning.

Gotta go to class soon, but I'm definitely going to make us some soup--especially since we now have a rice cooker! Nicole is so awesome. She made pasta à la Nicole a couple nights ago, so it's my turn to gratefully reciprocate--just like in a gift economy! (I only find that so exciting because we were talking about it in French.) Anyway, my nerdy outburst aside, I'll dedicate myself to buying healthier food. Right now, the three of us each have a shelf in the cupboard above, and mine is the most pathetic out of all of them. And it's really not reflective of me, since I eat anything and all the time.

Oh, Nicole's also awesome because she bought me popcorn! I was so happy that I told her I loved her. She didn't respond. At least she didn't say...

"I love you more!"
"Oh... Thank you?"
"I know."
"I'm just not that into you."

Seriously, how does anyone live in a room with me? I would have to bring back the separate-bedrooms-for-married-couples thing if I ever wanted to find a husband--otherwise the sleep talking, teeth grinding, and foghorn noises when I blow my nose would be a complete and utter deal-breaker. Hm. Or maybe that's a good way to scare everyone off. Yes. I'll look at it like that.

Ooooo I have so much to read this weekend, which honestly, Zhana warned me about. But I like English--I mean, Literature--and Math. I am invincible--except against this pesky rhinovirus. To utilize a meme that my mother just introduced me to... I DO BOTH. Boo-yeah.

Let's tackle some British Modernism, shall we? 

No comments: