Friday, January 30, 2015

Day 22: City of Lights (but not open museums)

Listening to: "Snow" from White Christmas

Much to my mother's chagrin, I called her at 12:00 pm (6:00 am in CT) to announce that it was snowing outside!

Now, this was the first snow I've seen since March 2014, so I was excited. Except it was incredibly short-lived because when I stepped outside, the magical dandruff was gone. :(

Anyway, it was a class day, but when class got out, I was like, "Why not head to the Modern Art Museum? It's only across the bridge." Yeah, except all these damn museums close at 6 pm! I came to Paris to go out later than 6 pm. 

So thankfully for all of you, this is going to be a post of pictures.


So on the Metro this morning, I hear this noise, and suddenly, there's a puppet show going on behind me. I have no idea what it was about. Hopefully it was more appropriate than Avenue Q. It definitely woke me up.

Good for you, Wilson. You may not have gotten the League of Nations, but you did get your own street in Paris!



Oo, pretty sunset.

Flame of Liberty, an informal commemoration for the late Princess Diana.









Now let's get flashy:







Good night, Eiffel Tower. :)

No comments: