Sunday, March 1, 2015

Day 40: Triumphant Return

Listening to: South Pacific. Lots of South Pacific.

Mom just asked if I was typing homework... Ha!

But I have to write because I promised Grandma that I wouldn't do any more "rain checks," although it happens to be raining outside right now.

So not necessarily as "triumphant" as the word implies, but it is good to be back. And with my dear mother, who plans to spoil me rotten for my birthday, even if she doesn't know it yet. :)

On the plane to France, we were seated in front of a couple with their new baby. I asked Mom if this was punishment for all the unsuspecting fools who had to deal with my temper tantrums when I flew on planes as a young child. She insists the child was good. Then again, she fell asleep before we even left Philadelphia.

I really couldn't complain about the baby, though, since my most embarrassing moment on a plane involved me unbuckling my seat belt during the plane's descent and screaming bloody murder... And this whole event happened after the woman next to my mother commented on my "good behavior." Boy, did she rue those words.

Anyway, we settled in at the Latour-Marbourg Hotel at around eight this morning... Aaaand we promptly fell asleep. We went down for a "cat nap" until seven in the evening--and that actually wasn't the plan at all. But we're completely zonked, I guess.

So after we cleaned up (in my case, I couldn't: all my stuff was still at the apartment), we went to dinner at Les Deux Magots--or we intended to. Turned out the place was closed, even though it was nine o'clock when we arrived. Apparently it's under renovation, at least according to the tiles and bucket of paint we saw through the window. Instead, we ate at a restaurant down the street called La Bonaparte, which I suppose is appropriate, as my birthday was also the day Napoleon was either exiled to or come back from the island of Elba. (Thanks to my friend Google, I know know that it was the latter.)

We had to go back to my apartment given my lack of toothbrush and toothpaste, but now we're happily ensconced in our hotel room. We're in the Haussman Suite--not the same spelling, Sam Hausman, but pretty close. We have promised to call Father, as he was concerned, given that he didn't hear from us for over 12 hours. Oops.

Anyway, since I don't have any Frenchy-French news to share, I'll share some pictures from the past few weeks. They're going to be super random:


This person is apparently not a fan of French boys.

This was my Valentine's Day dinner. And my date was Pride & Prejudice playing on my computer. Ah, my life.

They're really good at marketing their duty free merchandise at the airport.

Throwback to our video, The Time Travel. (I can never stop pimping that video.)

This is going to be my new slogan.


Because you can't just share ONE picture of your baby cousin-nephew in his new Parisian beret and onesie. However, babies in Paris must be tiny, because that onesie is for an 18-MONTH-OLD. And it barely fit our little Master Colin.

Apparently, we need to submit this picture to Jimmy Fallon or someone like that. Mrs. Betty Green would get run out of England. And America, now that I think of it.

Love this. Sushi that describes how I feel most of the time.

You'd be surprised at the names on here.

Sorry, Eddy, but I had to share this, as this picture brought many laughs in the past week when they came sparingly. So thanks. :)

My kind of Valentine.

Peanuts always knows.

Wise words from my friends.

BAHAHAHAHA. This is the kind of stuff you find when you go through thousands of photos.

My cousin Cameron is a very talented art student. Look at this pigeon drawing she made for my grandparents. 

My dear cousin-nephew Colin decided to commemorate my birthday by spewing all over Kristina. Video is below. You're welcome, world.

Aaaaaand... This is what the cat does when we're away. Typical.

Now, it just happens to be my birthday right now in Paris, but I'll save all that fun stuff for tomorrow. Warning: there will be cats with party hats.











No comments: