Thursday, March 12, 2015

Day 51.83333: JKLM

Listening to: "Let's Do It (Let's Fall in Love)" by Cole Porter

Even though this is my third time at Les Deux Magots, I could never grow tired of it. And all of these literary fans were excited to drink at a place where the Fitzgeralds and Hemingways would throw back absinthe.


In a moment of serendipity, we ended up sitting right where I sat my first time I ate there. We celebrated by getting a bottle of white wine. (Jamie has been our learned sommelier.) By the way, that's Matt's hand on the right. He refused to get up.

Because women pouring their own wine is extremely taboo--and I thought taboo was just not a thing here, not with people peeing in the street--Matt served tonight to pour our drinks.

"What a gentleman!" Prepare for the ladies to swoon, Mathieu. Muahaha.

After dinner, we all decided to get even MORE alcohol (because we're all legal!) and dessert. Everything was lovely--although we really can't stop talking about the cheese we had for an appetizer. That cheese changed my life. I may not be exaggerating as much as you think I am, either.

According to Jamie, Matt was to order a martini. But he didn't say "shaken--not stirred" in a thick British accent. I had the olives though. My drink would have been perfect if the menu had told me it had mint in it! And we all know--or we all should know--how I feel about mint. (I won't be opaque with you: I completely hate it. Don't give me any candy canes.)

Yet even with mint, I am glad I ordered my drink, as it was called "The Hemingway." Perfect, right? A "Fitzgerald" would've probably catered more to my needs, as Fitzy always does. :) Here's a very serious documentation of the Asian Glow striking again.

Please don't have heart failure, Mom and Dad. But this was really worth it. Worth the food, worth the experience, worth the memory. I know many of you are shaking your heads, but it really was a night to remember. Thanks so much, guys. JKLM. We're next to each other in the alphabet. How adorable.



Have you had enough of our beautiful faces? Yes? Well too damn bad.






Holy crap, I'm only just realizing that we were EVERYWHERE last night.










Hey, doing the touristy things with others is best. Just ask my mother. :)

To toast Loren's last and Matt's first night in Paris, we brought pink champagne and macarons to eat in front of the Eiffel Tower.



This is how far the cork went when Loren opened the bottle. Matt's waving in the background.



À demain!


No comments: