Sunday, March 8, 2015

Day 47: Frowny Face

Listening to: "Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye" sung by Ella Fitzgerald

Had to say goodbye to Mother this morning. :(

I give her a hard time on this blog (and in real life), but I miss her. And don't worry, Dad, I miss you too. But I miss the cat most of all. Because obviously.

Anyway, given that I should be reading Ulysses, I haven't been able scurry around the city. So today is once again random photo day. Mostly to distract myself from the creepy darkness of this apartment.

These are my actual 23andMe results for "Alcohol Flush Reaction." Admittedly, I'm only in the "mild flush" category. So it could be worse. I gotta tell myself how lucky I am, I guess.

I've decided I'm going to make cheesy memes for a living. I'm also saddened by the fact that I didn't realize that "Oh, mon Dieu!" translates to "Oh, my God!" So "Dieu" means "God." How did I not realize this?

I'm A+ at embarrassing my friends. This is a subject we'll come back to surely this week.

Laney will appreciate this. Also: this video. You'll know what section I'm talking about.

I have an app called Duolingo that lets me practice French. It's not great. But some of the sentences they have me translate accurately reflect my life.
Left: Says every creepy white person with an Asian fetish. I'm not even joking. There was a girl in my International Relations class in high school who had an "I Love Asians" T-shirt and even with the shirt, still felt the need to say to my face, "I love Asians." My eyes are bulging just from the memory.
Center: This was my dearest wish in first grade.
Right: Jean Valjean's first question to every person.

Fellow cast members from Picnic will understand why I should be working at this place.

Translation: Be nice, assholes. We can just pretend we don't understand you.

Beautiful picture of us with our eyes completely closed.

Yeah, because remember, where there's a Willard there's a way! In fact...

I need help.

I'll leave it up to Mom to find the picture of me doing this same picture as a nine-year-old.

"Can I really find next boyfriend down this well?"

I like this crossover.

Ha! Yeah, no.

My two favorite things.

Have a nice weekend, you all. Time to wade back into Ulysses.

BONUS: For Alyssa, especially.





No comments: